We are expanding our Technology and Development department and we are now looking for strong, experienced and outgoing members to join our team.
You will work as a Cloud Platform Architect in our Technology Development team and lead the technical development of one of our cloud-based platforms. We have several established platforms, based on state-of-the-art software engineering and designed according to big data, real-time, scalability and cloud best practice & technology. These platforms are used for analytics, trouble shooting, operational insights device and data management. Our company have an all-in approach to Amazon Web Services, so we expect you to have a passion and deep knowledge of their services.
We foresee a mixed role being both an architect, and a technical leader able to successfully manage interactions with internal and external stakeholders overseeing the long-term viability of the platform. As a Platform Architect, you will be:
- Technically responsible of one or several Solution Platforms.
- Owning the technical road map and make sure that there is alignment with the product backlog.
- Ensuring Platform Architecture is cost-effective, secure, compliant, future-proof and scalable throughout the platform life cycle.
- Ensuring that design patterns and design principles exist for the platform and that these are followed and implemented by the engineers.
- Identifying, planning and leading analysis and prototyping of technical solutions in a timely fashion to de-risk future development.
- Continuously identifying and defining the desired skill-sets of development team to ensure implementation of platform architecture, including interviewing contractors and new hire.
- Ensuring that there is a balance in the sprint backlog between technical improvements and new features.
- Representing the technical aspects of the platform in customer and partner meetings.
The CTO Office consists of 6 departments; Project Management, Product Management, Technology Architecture, Roaming Management, Technology Development and Sourcing. This role reports to the Head of Technology Development.
The Development teams consist of very skilled and senior architects, software engineers, testers, data scientists and data engineers. Teams are a mix of in-house cloud experts and contractors all working tightly together with a one-team approach. With dedication and commitment, the team deliver awesome customer products and critical business value. The teams are characterized by a truly social, inspirational, vivid and agile culture.
At Telenor Connexion, we excel in technical know-how, customer centricity, having a desire for making informed decisions and have an inherent executive attitude. The primary stakeholders of the Technology Development team are the product and system owners who excel in balancing critical business value, the need of specific data and features with the complexity and cost of developing and maintaining it in a long-term perspective. Furthermore, a close collaboration with Operations fosters a DevOps mind-set that results in a shared responsibility and we strive for a clear handover procedure leading to an optimized utilization of resources and expertise.
- MSc in Engineering or similar higher-level education.
- 4-15 years of working experience within full stack software development
- Preferably more than 2 years of experience from serverless production workloads in AWS.
- AWS certification (one or several of Associate/Professional Architecture, DevOps, Developer, etc) or expect to be able to acquire a certification with minor efforts.
- Experience from dev environments utilizing CI and/or CD, including test automation is a plus
- Fluent in English is a must, Swedish is a plus.
As a person, you are:
- Strong as a leader and stakeholder management
- Influential & committed
- Thriving in an AWS Environment
- Passionate about industrial scale IoT
- Always focusing on security by design
- Responsible and business oriented
- Positive and optimistic
- Collaborating well with others
- Proactive and dependable
- Taking pride in sharing technical know-how and good practice
- Demonstrating the Telenor Values in daily work and instill these values in the team (Make It Easy, Keep Promises, Be Inspiring and Be Respectful)
- Stockholm is preferred.
- Karlskrona and Gothenburg will be considered.
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to take on this role and develop into your full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Anders Bresell +46 709-335585 or email@example.com
Please send your CV and a cover letter that complements the CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The closing date for applications is March 31st, 2019. Recruitment will be ongoing so please don’t wait to submit your application.