We are expanding our Technology Development team and are now looking for a software engineer with talent for analyzing data. Over the years to come we foresee you will have the talent and ambition to grow into a solution architect.
You will work as a Data Engineer in our Technology Development team and will be a developer on our real-time big data platform. We are currently running our second-generation big data platform, and we are currently in the planning-stage for a third-generation architecture. The platform is used for analytics, trouble shooting, operational insights on customer, device and traffic/control plane performance. We process about half a billion events per day. The role will include developing new stream processors, generate and distribute reports as well as deliver Ad-hoc analytics. Our company have an all-in approach to Amazon Web Services, so we expect you to have a passion and deep knowledge of their services.
We foresee a mixed role being both a software engineer and data analytics resource. As a Data Engineer, you will be:
- Delivering high quality code including tests for our data pipeline and analytics data warehouse.
- Developing advanced SQL queries including window functions and multiple joins.
- Implementing metrics and observability patterns for the data processing and infrastructure utilization.
- Building and maintaining dashboards for real-time data as well recurring reports.
- Implementing secure, cost-effective and robust and scalable design patterns.
- Executing pilots and proof of concepts for new solutions and components.
- Building relationships with business stakeholders to understand what actionable insights they need.
- Document code and applications, including handover to operations and the business.
The CTO Office consists of six departments; Project Management, Product Management, Technology Architecture, Roaming Management, Technology Development and Sourcing. This role reports to the Head of Technology Development.
The Development teams consist of very skilled and senior architects, software engineers, testers, data scientists and data engineers. Teams are a mix of in-house cloud experts and contractors all working tightly together with a one-team approach. With dedication and commitment, the team deliver awesome customer products and critical business value. The teams are characterized by a truly social, inspirational, vivid and agile culture.
In Telenor Connexion, we excel in technical know-how, customer centricity, having a thirst for making informed decisions and have an inherent executive attitude. The primary stakeholders of the Technology Development team are the product and system owners who excel in balancing critical business value, the need of specific data and features with the complexity and cost of developing and maintaining it in a long-term perspective. Furthermore, a close collaboration with Operations fosters a DevOps mind-set that results in a shared responsibility and we strive for a clear handover procedure leading to an optimized utilization of resources and expertise.
- MSc in Engineering or similar higher-level education.
- 2+ years of working experience as a backend developer.
- Comfortable writing Python.
- Ability to quickly learn and master advanced SQL.
- Java development experience and binary decoding is a plus.
- Experience from map-reduce principles including design of partition, distribution and sort keys is a plus.
- AWS certification (one or several of Associate/Professional Architecture, DevOps, Developer, etc) or expect to be able to acquire a certificate within the first year.
- Experience from dev environments utilizing CI and/or CD, including test automation is a plus
- Fluent in English is a must, Swedish is a plus.
As a person, you are:
- A team player
- Thriving in an AWS environment
- Passionate about data and serving business with actionable insights.
- Interested in details and have a talent to track down data processing inconsistencies.
- Always focusing on security by design.
- Responsible and business oriented.
- Positive and optimistic.
- Proactive and dependable.
- Taking pride in sharing technical know-how and good practice.
- Demonstrating the Telenor Values in daily work and instill these values in the team (Always Explore, Create Together, Keep Promises and Be Respectful).
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to take on this role and develop into your full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Anders Bresell +46 709-335585 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and a cover letter that complements the CV to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for applications is April 5th, 2019. Recruitment will be ongoing so please don’t wait to submit your application.