As the Solution Architect Lead for Industrial Manufacturing you will be instrumental in shaping and executing a new Telenor IoT initiative based on our global growth strategy. Together with the Industrial Manufacturing team you will embark on an exciting journey to define, develop and start selling Telenor’s extended offering around connected products for global equipment manufacturers.
The Industrial Manufacturing team typically works in collaboration with lead customers to define solutions to current pain points as well as facilitate implementation of existing services. We build a small but experienced team with multiple competencies in order to help customers navigate and move quicker to value creation.
Areas where new and existing services will add value may include:
• Accelerate design phase with service design frameworks and development services
• Faster and easier deployment to value and with extended managed services
• Simplify customer operations through broader solution support responsibility
As Solution Architect you take technical lead and are seen as an expert on IoT technology stack. You will keep one eye on the long term scalable solution and service architecture but for the first iterations you are hands-on engaged together with the team to drive change together with customers. You act as the bridge between technology and business stakeholders. Based on understanding customer architecture you provide recommendations to customer as well as building our extended service offering. Your experience and knowledge as well as exploration and innovation with customers will provide the foundation for our expanded offering and secure generating unrivalled customer value.
Activities will be focused on, but not exclusive to Industrial Manufacturing companies. This is a customer facing role and travelling will be required. Mainly within the Europe region but travelling outside Europe may occur depending opportunities.
Technical lead in customer dialogues
• Engage in customer dialogues as the tech lead to determine needs and pain points
• Be the technical expert across the complete IoT domain and tech stack in customer dialogues, ideally across hardware/firmware and IT/cloud related areas
• Act as the bridge between technology and business stakeholders
• Understand customer technical architecture and based on their business requirements understand pain points, gaps and fit with Telenor/partner solutions
• Typically engage deeper in fewer but strategic engagements to spearhead innovation and requirements for scalable services
• For lead customers you will take active part in delivering solutions and service to customers as well as lead and coordinate such activity
Develop and implement new offerings
• Together with team develop and test new offerings to meet pain points
• Support process of identifying and evaluating different ways to deliver services e.g. through partners, by building internal capability or by acquiring capabilities
• Lead or play key role in technology decisions including platforms to choose, secure scalability and integration to existing systems
• Take key part in developing long term offering towards Industrial Manufacturing
• Be a key contributor to and/or lead development of technical roadmap
• Technical master’s degree
• 10+ years of experience in roles requiring deep business and technology understanding
• Deep understanding of the IoT tech stack including device hardware, firmware, cloud, analytics and applications – understands full picture, likely detailed knowledge in certain areas
• Experience from working with connected products with global equipment manufacturers and understands what applied connected solutions commercially brings to customers businesses
• Experience of developing IoT solutions and/or architecting new service and solution offerings
• History of successful technical consulting or architecture engagements with large enterprises
• Fluent in English, additional languages is a merit
• Positive, self-driven and motivated by building something new
• Innovative at mind with a passion for both technology and business
• Take initiative to get things done and are not afraid of hands-on engagement
• Like the vision and loves the execution
• Easy-going, have an open mind-set and enjoy working in teams
• Keep promises
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adopt behaviour to gain trust
• Excellent ability to break down complexity and explain in easy way
• Like technology but love to create value with technology
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to develop this role to its full potential, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions on the role please contact recruiting manager Niklas Agerhem +46 734417529 or email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for applications is May 20th, 2019. Recruitment will be ongoing so please don’t wait to submit your application.